Monday, June 15, 2009

A Tidal Wave Of Elation

I have always found it amusing that your name is Summer but we met on a cold December night. Maybe it’s a sign of things to come, two different aspects of you on opposite poles.

You’ve always attributed it to your wild mood swings.

You’re very pretty, that’s a given but you usually think you’re not. But there were times that even you can’t deny the fact that guys go ga-ga over you. You’re a sweet person too, but there were times that--- well, uhhmmnn… how will I put it? There were times that I’d rather hide inside my mother’s skirt to escape your wrath haha And of course, I felt that you loved me back then, a love to last but towards the end of it… towards the end of it…



Up until now, I don’t know what happened. Either I really don’t have a clue or I’m still in denial. That’s why when I accidentally saw you last month, a tidal wave of elation swept me towards you. I have to make up a lame excuse of “accidentally bumping” into you. Because I don’t know how you’ll react if I’ll just walk up to you and say “hi”. I don’t know on what side of the pole were you at that time.

When I asked you to go with me for a cup of coffee, I felt that hesitation on your part. I was almost sure you didn’t want to go. But then you said “sure”.

You’re still on opposite sides. That’s probably who you really are and that’s what I loved (love?) about you. You didn’t want to go, you wanted to go.

I attribute that to your wild mood swings.

Or was it because of that ring on your finger?

No comments:

Post a Comment